YOUR MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ISIC
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE CARD?
In order to be eligible for the ISIC card, you will need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be a full-time student at school, college or university
- You must be 12 years and above – there is no upper age limit
- You must be currently located/travelling in Malta. This means that the card is available to both Maltese nationals as well as non- Maltese nationals who are visiting Malta, and who are either studying in Malta or studying abroad.
IS THERE A CARD FOR TEACHERS?
Yes, if you are a teacher or professor you can apply for the ITIC Card.
I AM AN LSA, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A CARD?
Unfortunately at the moment this profession is not considered as professional Teacher/Professor and LSAs are not eligible for an ITIC card.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
You will need:
• proof of your full time student status that shows the date of issue (e.g. university card, letter from your school, official enrolment letter)
• proof of your identity (e.g. national identity card, passport)
• passport photo (digital photo for online applications)
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE CARD?
The ISIC card in Malta is available exclusively from NSTS. You can apply online by clicking here or visit us at the NSTS head office at 220, St Paul Street in Valletta. The office is open Monday – Friday between 09:00 – 17:00.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR MY CARD TO BE ISSUED?
We kindly ask that you allow a minimum of 3 working days for the card to be issued. When possible, we will issue the card before the stipulated time-frame. Please contact the NSTS Head Office (Monday – Friday between 09:00 – 17:00) on (+365) 255 88 000 before collecting your card in order to confirm whether you card has been issued and is ready for collection.
HOW LONG IS THE CARD VALID FOR?
The card is valid for the full academic year. Validity starts on 1st September and expires on 31st December the following year. You can apply for the card anytime throughout the year.
HOW MUCH DOES THE CARD COST?
The cost of the ISIC card is €7 and the cost for the ITIC Card is €12 in Malta. There are no further fees or charges, and you can use your card as many times as you want during its validity, no restrictions.
WHAT DISCOUNTS DO I GET?
Your ISIC card gives you access to local and international benefits ranging from restaurant discounts, shopping & entertainment deals, transport & travel offers and many more! Check out the the available benefits within the ‘Discounts’ section and browse the international ones here.
I WOULD LIKE MY BUSINESS TO PARTNER UP WITH ISIC, WHAT CAN I DO?
Becoming a benefit provider for students will show that your organisation supports students and cares about them. There are no membership fees for you to pay, simply offer an attractive and relevant discount to students. Deals can be flexible ranging from fixed percentage discounts to freebies or limited time deals. Talk to us today: email@example.com / (+365) 255 88 000.